23 July 2009

JabberBox Marketing

I'm starting a new adventure in my life. In the past few years I have been doing various marketing things for friends & family. It all started in college (sort of) when I put together a few flyers / postcards for Theatre Scholarships. Well. I have come a LONG way since then.

When I moved back to Fargo I was given the opportunity to be Marketing director for the Gooseberry Park Players. I created ads, put out press releases, added the production dates to local calendars, contacted local groups, etc. This is where it all began. I did this for 2 years and it was time for me to move on.

Since then I have done lots of things for Gasper's School of Dance and the FM Ballet Company. Including brochures, postcards, flyers, production programs, photography, newsletter and press releases. While doing this I really enjoyed the process, creating digital art and exploring my talents in this field.

Last fall I met Monty Moran. He approached me at the Sports Center (where I work out) and asked if he could work out with me. I said sure. I find out he is a personal trainer. I was interested, because I needed a trainer to take me to the next level. He said he was getting a flyer ready. I invited him and his daughter to come to FM Ballet's Spooky Ballets and he agreed. It was at the Spooky Ballet when I asked him again where his flyer was. He said something along the lines of - I'm having trouble getting it together. I chimed in (thinking WHY am I about to say this!!) and said "I can help you out!" I told him I do everything for the dance studio and ballet company. He said sure.

Our first meeting was November 8th (or something like that). And since then I've helped him grow his personal training business, start new programs, get print material out (flyers, brochures, etc), posted to online calendars, and much more. All on a limited budget.

My focus with marketing is to get the most out of it that you can without spending thousands of dollars. There are many inexpensive ways to market yourself. And the key is go out and MARKET yourself to others.

Anyway - My company name is JabberBox Marketing. Here is my logo I designed. I will have price sheets soon with a list of what I offer.

Jabberbox Marketing
If you are interested in my new adventure - email me at jabberboxmarketing@gmail.com

No comments: