28 March 2011

Ranger / Tim Holtz


A few weeks ago I won some of the NEW Distress Stains from Ranger / Tim Holtz on Tim Holtz's blog (random drawing).  I was excited as it was some new product...but I was curious b/c I kept thinking will I use this?  What would I use it for?

Well this weekend answered those questions!  I finally got to scrapbook and I used my Distress Stains (I got 5 colors by the way - Dusty Concord, Faded Jean, Peeled Paint, Spun Sugar and Vintage Photo).  These things are AWESOME!  I used them in a few different ways.

1. Inking edges!  This works amazingly to ink edges of pages!  It was so simple and easy.  I couldn't believe it! 

2. Embossing & backgrounds.  I embossed a doily image from the new My Mind's Eye Stamps - with clear embossing powder.  After it cooled down a little (and prior to cutting out the image) - I used the Peeled Paint Distress stain to cover the background!  AMAZING and easy.  It went on so simple and dries so quickly!!

I also tested it on a Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology piece of scrap paper (embossed piece).  I used the Faded Jean and it was so rich & beautiful and the embossing image really popped!  I put it in my tag stash to use later!

So go find this amazing Distress Stain!  You won't regret buying a few containers (or all).  I love this stuff and will need to buy more colors soon!  Broken Chine, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood & Wild Honey are on my MUST have list right now!  Can't wait till they come out with more colors (like Mustard Seed - my fav!)

No comments: