12 September 2013

A chalky Card

Welcome back!! Today I want to share another card that has a chalk element. Yesterday I posted the use of Chalkboard Contact paper, today I'll tell you a little bit about chalkboard paint.

There are quite a few chalkboard paint options on the market, including Acrylic (Martha Stewart I know makes one and FolkArt, which is what I used), Spray Paint, Wall paint and porcelain paint.

This card I took a foam brush and brushed on some acrylic chalkboard paint. This paper set is Crate Paper's DIY Shop (now on clearance at MemoryWorks, making way for NEW products). I than took a white pen and a ruler to create the lines, to give it a sort of notebook feeling. I than layered on some paper and washi tape to complete the look. I drew the arrow with chalk.
Products Used: Crate Paper - DIY Shop (theme set); Studio Calico - Yearbook (Die Cut Polaroids); FolkArt Acrylic Chalkboard Paint; American Crafts - Thickers (Gold Chipboard); Chalk; White Pen (could substitute Tim Holtz Distress Marker in Picket Fence); EK Sucess Notebook Border Punch; Washi Tape (Gold, Silver Stripe); Chalk; Prima Flower.
This next project is using Porcelain paint. To set it you place it in the oven for 30 minutes. I created the frame with my Silhouette machine and vinyl and painted inside to give it that framed look. These mugs make PERFECT gifts!
Thanks for stopping by again today!

No comments: