27 May 2008

Much to come

Well last week was a slow blog week for me. Either nothing happened or I was really busy. This past weekend Matt & I went to his parents cabin to spend a relaxing day. We left sunday morning and spent the night coming home on Monday. Matt's dad's birthday was on sunday - so we had a great day celebrating it. I took lots of pictures! Which I will share soon.

Yesterday it was nice to just sit at home and do nothing. I scrapbooked. I made a small album (like my NYC album for my mom) for Matt's brother & his fiance. It will be their wedding gift. We didn't want to do anything big - b/c the cost to go to the wedding is enough. His brother is getting married in NYC. I'm not even able to attend - because I'm going on the scrapbook retreat 1 1/2 weeks before the wedding and I just couldn't afford another trip that soon. The album turned out very nice though. I'm sure they will appreciate it.

I love having a short week of work. It's already tuesday! And I only have 3 more days to work after today. I hope it goes quickly.

I recieved my order from MemoryWorks last week. I was so excited to get some new products and the catalog in print form! I played with some of the goodies yesterday while making the album. I bought some Jenni Bowlin papers for the album (the wedding colors are black and red).


Those papers. And the matching journaling cards in both red & black. I was surprised that just this one pack of paper completed an entire album. I even have a few scrap pieces left that I can use to make a card! And I have 1/2 my journaling cards left.

I also just got the BasicGrey - Flourish Corners Stamps

These are such great stamps to play with! The really add a beautiful decorated edge to a page or photo! I forsee me using these quite a bit! I'm excited to eventually add the journaling stamps & Flourish Edge stamps from BasicGrey!

Well I am done rambling - time to get to work. I will post photos and the album later tonight or sometime this week!

3 comments:

leah said...

Jealous of your stamps! I've been drooling over those... ;)

Lu said...

Ooh, I'm glad you got the stamps so I can pester you about how they are before making the plunge myself...haha! What block do you use? I only have the Heidi Swapp one right now, and I don't know if it will be big enough!
Welp, have a great night!

Lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.