13 November 2013

Day 2 - 30 Days, 30 Cards

Alright, I'm back with Day 2 of 30 Days, 30 Cards that is being put on by the MemoryWorks TeamWorks. Check out all the details in this post on the MW Blog.

Day 2 was actually posted by myself!! Here is the sketch that I found to use for Day 2 of the event.

Sketch Source

Now here is my take on this sketch...
Supplies: Crate Paper - Bundled Up (6x6 Paper Pad); Glitz Design - Finnley (Giant Rhinestones, Washi Tape); Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes Flea Market (Resin Flowers); Technique Tuesday October Kit of the Month Stamp, Gold Glitter Paper, Kraft Paper, stencil, gold embossing powder.

I love the ray of possibilities with this sketch! Here are some tips for how I put my card together.
  • To work with the ray affect, I first took my ruler and drew lines from a point (I didn't measure, just went for it).
  • The base of the card is kraft paper and I completed the ink embossed section first, so it would not get on any other aspects of the card later.
  • The gold polk-a-dot area was actually done with a template, embossing ink and gold embossing powder. 
Thanks for stopping by today!!! Check back tomorrow with even more card inspiration!

1 comment: