20 May 2010

Tissue Paper Garland

Well this project has been sitting around my apt for over a month now, so I thought I should probably finish it and post pictures! So here it is my Tissue Paper Garland! I made Tissue Paper flowers and sprayed them with Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist (Adventure). This is not my original idea, I got it from (BLAH BLAH BLOG). I was so inspired I HAD to have my own!!

Also, if you are looking for more ideas for parties, room decor, etc. - check out The TomKat Studio...there is FABULOUS items up there and she suggests: Pom Love for these fantabulous paper flowers!

Here is my finished project
Photobucket
I cut my tissue 5" x 10", I used 4 layers of tissue paper.
Photobucket
Start folding it in an according
Photobucket
It should look like this when you are done folding
Photobucket

Photobucket
Wrap a piece of wire around the center. Twist a few times. I used white flower wire.
Photobucket
You can either round your corners or put them to a point. (or any other shape you want to try). Keep it simple if you are making a bunch of them.
Photobucket
Fan out the layers and fluff to make the flower.
Photobucket
Hang on string or decorate a room as you please.
Photobucket

Now anyone can do this project!! It is very simple and would look great in any room. I have added some directions on how to put this together for yourself! Please share with me your versions of this garland! I love to see it!

I found this project and was so inspired by a project on the Tattered Angels Blog (scroll down in the post). Linda's garland is so beautiful!!

No comments: