27 July 2011

Note Book

I bought this notebook from Target the other day.  It wasn't an ugly notebook...I just wanted to jazz it up.  It was a special request from Matt's mom.  She texted me one night asking if I could make her a decorative notebook.  SURE!  I love projects.  So I found an inexpensive smaller spiral notebook from the store.

I unbinded the notebook (took out the spiral).  Adhered pattern paper to the front and back cover of the notebook.  Decorated with stickers and this is what I came up with!
 The notebook came with a little folder inside, which I removed and replicated using coordinating pattern paper.
I then re-spiraled the notebook and it's back to the way it was manufactured, just with my twist on it!

She will be using this notebook when she goes to a dance convention this weekend and I'm sure to write down choreography throughout the dance session.


Tip.... To keep the pages together when you un-spiral the notebook, use a binder clip to hold it together, this way you don't loose pages or have to line them up when it's time to re-spiral.


Supplies: Echo Park: For the Record; October Afternoon: Thrift Shop; K&Co. Yellow sewn paper, spiral notebook (approx. 5" x 7")

3 comments:

Lynn said...

so cute, you know I love those papers! I like the folder/pocket idea!

Karenliz Henderson said...

The notebooks is so cute! I love it. I never thought of taking out the spiral! Thanks for sharing!

leah said...

It turned out cute!! ^_^