02 April 2009

Flooding...

Well I've been MIA in life. HAHA. The past 1 1/2 weeks I have been sporadic at work. With all the snow we got this winter - the Red River was BOUND to flood. Except I guess we didn't think it would be this bad. I think the community came together though and really stopped the river from making our town a BIG lake.

I pretty much didn't work for a week or only worked half days. I was helping sandbag and building dikes. Then there was a blizzard. I think Mother Nature hates North Dakota. I'm just hoping for spring soon!!!

Everything is fine now - but they do believe it will crest again. The first crest was a record at 40.83 or something like that.

Life has finally got back to "normal". Whatever that may be. I will post pictures once I upload them to this computer. It was amazing how high the river got (and still is). We are not in the clear yet.

No comments: