04 August 2011

Mini Notebook

I've been thinking of a "food journal" for awhile, but haven't had the desire to actually spend $$ on buying yet another notebook that doesn't get used for the purpose I purchased it for.  So I decided to make my own little notebook.  This one I probably won't use as my food journal, It was more of a tester (reason I only have phone photos of the little book).
IMAG0130

This note book measures 3" x 5".  Awesome right!  I used loose leaf notebook paper for the inside (CHEAP right now because of back to school).  I cut all my paper to 6" x 5" and folded it in half.  I then used my WRMK Sew Easy tool on the spine of the cover.  Next, I bulldog clipped the cover with the inside paper (to keep it together) and with my paper piercer I pierced the spine holes all the way through.  Final step to assemble the notebook was to sew the spine using thread and a needle.
IMAG0132
I will have a video tutorial soon on this project!! It's so simple and perfect for every day notes, travel journal or in my case a food journal.  I used 10 sheets for my interior pages.  And personally, if I keep up with a food journal for more then a month - That means I'm serious!  LOL.

Supplies: Pink Paislee: Daily Junque - paper pack, stamps; WRMK: Sew Easy - Tool with head attachment, thread to match; Ranger Distress Ink - worn lipstick & tumbled glass

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Great project! I could see myself making several of these and giving them as gifts!

Lynn said...

great project idea, can't wait to see tutorial!