10 August 2011

My Mind's Eye august layout challenge

yet another challenge layout this week.  my scrapbook room was used for scrapbooking this weekend vs. cleaning. it's a mess I can barely walk in there!!  EEKS!  The layout below I created for the My Mind's Eye layout challenge.

I created this layout using My Mind's Eye Out of the Blue.  And darling pictures of my nephew in a Sesame Street bouncing thing.  He had a BLAST in this bounce house!

Here is the sketch...
And here is my layout...  Note...I pretty much flipped the sketch, added 3 photos vs. 1 and also a few other extra things.  But the sketch is definitely the base of my layout and I loved putting this together. The papers and sketched worked perfectly for these photos!
Notice in the photo above, I have tags sticking out the top of the layout.  I created a pocket in the back of my layout so I could add journaling on the page without taking up layout space.
I created my own banner and used my WRMK Sew Easy tool to attach it.  I also created circle confetti and randomly glued it to my layout.
Hidden Tags - Tim Holtz Die Cut
The My Mind's Eye Layout challenge ends Sunday, August 21st.  The Challenge topic: "Anything Goes"


Supplies: My Mind's Eye: Lime Twist - Out of the Blue (12 x 12 pattern paperss, 6x6 paper pad, "Family" Accessory Sheet, "Playful" Alphabet letters - Also available in my MemoryWorks Shop), Twine, Madison Avenue "Pretty" Stamps, Lost & Found "Boy" Stamps, Union Square "Perfect" stamps; Maya Roads Chipboard Banners; Simple Stories - Smarty Pants Stamps; Technique Tuesday: AE Get Outside; WRMK: Sew Easy Tool & Floss: Black Letter Stickers

2 comments:

Soo said...

Great page! I'm in the midst of my very first scrapbook page. It's a lot of fun but my indecisive "what if I do this" nature is slowing things down. :)

Lynn said...

I like your hidden journaling tag idea! very cool page!